Saturday, December 13, 2008

Wow, it's been awhile since the last update.

The cause of my previous issue was simple - I had a jury-rigged strap holding the battery in place. This strap had a metal hook which caused a short and blew a fuse. Blowing a fuse mid-stroke also did a number on one of the spark plugs. A new fuse and spark plug were all I needed to get back on the road. I also removed the metal hook from the battery strap to avoid any other incidents.

Since then, the bike has been running like a champ! Unfortunately, the riding season here in the Northeast is basically over. The weather has only been good enough to ride perhaps 2 days out of 3 weeks. Perhaps over this Winter I'll have time for two projects - installing a speedo/tach and installing turn signals. Also a horn. Although I've been riding fine without them, I'd sure feel safer in NYC traffic with them. Being able to legitimately pass an inspection might be nice too. ;)

I mentioned previously that I was working on a document which compiled the various information I've come across. I just put the first version of it up, you can check it out here. Hopefully some one out there finds it useful.