Thursday, August 21, 2008

I had a day off work today so I made time to install a few minor cosmetic upgrades. I reupholstered the seat, which really makes a huge difference in the look of the bike. The kits will run you about $60 - $70 USD and are easy to install - I'd say it took me about 45 minutes to complete the job. All of the rubber parts on the bike were shot so I installed new handlebar grips, new rider peg covers, a new shifter bulb, and a new rubber on the kickstart. There was a chrome bolt and washer missing on the chain case so I replaced those. I also installed a bar-end mirror on the left side since there were no mirrors on the bike and I feel a little safer with at least one. After all this, I gave the bike a good washing and a bit of polish on the chrome. What a world of difference these little things make! Last but not least, I installed a metal bar which bolts underneath the tank to hold the tank down. It also helps prevent the tank from flexing. Next projects: new rubber tank mounts and a new kill switch.

No comments: