Thursday, September 11, 2008

Houston, we have a problem. I'm pretty sure my bike is only running on one cylinder. Symptoms are cool air coming out the right side muffler, and if I pull the left side plug when the bike is running it dies immediately. Hopefully this isn't anything major and I can resolve the issue myself.
Since my last post I finally got the tank correctly mounted. I also did a bit more work towards getting the bike cleaned up, mostly spending a lot of time trying to get the spokes shining again. Soon I'll be fixing a few spots on the paint job that need attention. I'd also like to come up with something to cover the battery without resorting to the stock side panels. There may be a minor nagging issue with the electrical system. The other day I took the bike out for a spin at night and after about 15 minutes it died..it took about 5 minutes to get it started again. I have a strong suspicion the battery isn't holding a charge well and running with the lights pushed it over the end. Some tests last weekend seemed to confirm that (the battery won't hold more than a 12.3v or so charge, not terrible but not great; load testing the battery gives results in the lower end of the acceptable range). I may end up replacing the battery and praying it's not the alternator.

No comments: